Looks absolutely awesome! Cannot wait for this to come out!
I’ve been using the Asus Zenfone 3 as my daily driver for about a week now, and wanted to lay down some initial thoughts and impressions about this phone because Christmas is coming and I truly think this device is something any mobile phone fan would love.
- Dual SIM Card Slots
- 5.5 Inch Capacitive Super IPS+ Display
- Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625
- 64GB of Internal Memory
- 4 GB of RAM
- 16MP Camera with Phase Detection and Optical Image Stabilization
- 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- USB-C with Fast Charging
The Camera (Photos)
The Camera (Videos)
Network Speeds (WIFI and LTE)
After some strong consideration, I have actually decided to sell my Pixel and stick with the Zenfone 3. It’s a perfect phone for me that offers the features I want at a crazy attractive price point, and performs well without any stutter or lag.
Five years ago on this very day, I married my very best friend.
It’s hard to believe how far we’ve come in the last five years and how much we’ve already been through in this crazy roller coaster called life. We’ve had ups and downs, we’ve loved and lost, and yet still I am happy to wake up to you each and every day.
Even though you’re often in the background of everything that’s going on, it would not be even half of amazing of a life, if you hand’t touched it with your love and kindness.
Jenn you’ve not only made my life better, but you’ve made me better as a person, as a father, and as your husband. I am thankful for each and every day that I get to wake up and spend my life with you, and that will never change.
You have the right brand of crazy that matches mine, and I cannot wait to grow old together, to watch our kids grow into adults, and marry their own best friends should they choose to.
I love you with all of who I am and ever will be! Here’s to many more years of fun and excitement on this ride that we call life!
On Friday my Google Pixel arrived at my office around 2:30, so I’ve really only had it for a few days and can’t pass a lot of judgement on it. I can however say a few things that are quite impressive so far.
- Battery life is impressive. Over the weekend I was able to take the device off the charger at 4AM and get a full days use 4AM to 11PM and still had 30% remaining on the battery.
- Unlimited storage. This is tied to the device and not the google account itself. Anything uploaded from your Pixel does not count towards your storage allowance.
- Look & Feel. This phone looks and feels like an iPhone. A few of my coworkers made the same comment about the look & feel. It feels premium and has a great weight to it.
- Updating & Installing Apps. This phone is fast, and I mean FAST! Installing and updating apps on first boot took two minutes or so. Fastest I’ve ever seen it get done.
These are just my initial feelings about this phone. I’ll write a proper review with camera samples and whatnot when I’ve had more time to play with it. Right now, I’m really liking it!
In my last post, I spoke about an idea I had to try and have total wireless services for about $20 CAD per month which was a theory that I put into practice and quickly found out that there are definitely some issues with trying to do this.
- Hushed.com is pretty unreliable on Android and iOS.
- Calls seldom made it through.
- Texting worked well.
The whole week I was using Hushed.com exclusively, I didn’t receive many calls at all. This is usually pretty normal for me so I didn’t pay it any mind. That is until multiple family members and friends called my wife’s phone looking for me. That’s when I knew there was a problem.
It seems as though unless the app is in the foreground, it really doesn’t receive calls properly. Callers are generally sent to voicemail instead.
The outcome of my experiment was total failure. This type of service and setup are not recommended at all, as you cannot guarantee your calls will make it through.